2023 Registration Rates
Conference registration includes:
- In-Person Registration: Includes in-person attendance for all conference sessions and events in Charleston as well as full access to our virtual conference platform. Meals/refreshments include continental breakfast on Wednesday through Friday; morning and afternoon refreshment breaks Tuesday through Friday; Welcome Reception (drinks and hors d’oeuvres) Tuesday afternoon, and Conference Reception (buffet) Wednesday night.
- Virtual Registration: Includes online access to all sessions and events through our virtual conference platform including “online exclusive” content, networking opportunities, virtual vendor booths, and virtual tours.
- Rates are the same for both attendance options with the exception of the On Site/Late In Person registration rate, see below for details.
- All registrants receive on-demand access to session recordings for six months following the event.
- All registrations receive a one-year complimentary subscription to Against the Grain, the premier journal linking publishers, vendors, and librarians.
- Individual Rates
- Group Registration Discount
- Cancellation Policy
- Volunteer Discount
- Accommodation Requests
Individual Registration Rates:
- Extra Early Bird: $475 (register by July 13)
- Early Bird: $495 (July 14 – September 22)
- $95 Student Rate (no deadline – must provide proof of enrollment)
- $625 Regular Registration (September 23 – October 27) Online registration for in-person attendance will close on October 27 to allow our staff time to process materials, name badges, etc. Virtual registration will continue to be available at the regular registration rate through the week of the virtual conference, November 27 – December 1.
- $800 On Site/Late In Person Registration (November 6 – November 10) Applies to anyone attending the conference in person who has not registered before they arrive for check in at the Francis Marion Hotel Lobby.
Group Registration Discount:
If you are registering 4 or more people from the same organization, please select the “Group Rate Registration” ticket type to receive a 20% discount on your registrations.
- All members of the group must register at the same time to qualify for the discount, and additions cannot be made to the group afterwards.
- Refunds will not be processed for individuals registering outside of the group.
- You may transfer your registration to someone else at your institution if you are unable to attend.
- Each attendee will receive their own confirmation email with details of their attendance.
- The group can be a mix of in-person and virtual attendees.
- The group discount does not apply to the Extra Early Bird or Late Registration period.
Reduced or waived registration fees are available by application through the generous support of our sponsors. More Details
Reduced registration rates are available for those who are willing to volunteer to help in a variety of ways, for both in-person and virtual attendees. We need help with moderating sessions both virtually and in person, serving as a liaison for presenters, helping to monitor the Q&A/chat online, and more. Training will be provided by our staff.
Apply now to become a volunteer. Please don’t register for the conference until after we’ve reviewed your volunteer application. If approved, you will receive a discount code to receive the reduced registration rate. Deadline to apply as a volunteer is September 15.
If you register for the Charleston Conference but are unable to attend, you have three options for cancellation:
1) Refund: Refunds may be requested for conference registration through October 13. $125 processing fee applies for all registration refunds, and a $35 processing fee on all preconference refunds (applies to preconference-only cancellation, not added if entire conference registration is cancelled). NO REFUNDS AFTER OCTOBER 13. Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis; please contact Sharna Williams at email@example.com.
2) Transfer: You may transfer your registration to someone else at your institution/company. There is no fee to do so.
3) Credit: You may receive a full credit to attend the conference for the next calendar year. This credit is non-transferable and may not be extended past one calendar year. (Preconference registrations are not transferable to the next year since session offerings are unique and change from year to year.) Registration credits hold no monetary value.
Please contact Sharna Williams, Conference Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to cancel your registration or if you have any questions about cancellation.
Conference recordings and all virtual conference sessions will have closed captioning available. We urge our speakers to follow W3C accessibility guidelines for their slides and presentations. Please send any specific disability accommodation requests to Sharna Williams by September 15.
Some feedback from our attendees:
“The most important conference I attend. Vendors, publishers, and librarians side-by-side at the podium and in the audience. There is nothing else like it.”
“Charleston stands out time and again as providing an equal forum for discussion and collaboration across the industry. I always come away bubbling with ideas and insights!”
“Charleston is unique – it’s hard to describe to people who haven’t attended. I think it is where the “big ideas” get discussed. By the same token, there are sessions with lots of practical advice, as well.”
“A very focused conference with many practical sessions. Well-organized.”
“This is a great conference and I recommend it to many. I love the cross-fertilization of publishers and librarians speaking to each other in sessions; it is unique and a treasure within the field.”
“Vibrant conference with excellent content. A must attend for all librarians.”
“This is the only professional conference I attend; all the rest seem irrelevant compared to Charleston.”