2022 Scholarships –
- Charleston Conference General Scholarship Fund – supported by the Charleston Conference and by generous donations from our sponsors to allow librarians and/or library staff with limited travel funds to attend the conference.
- First-come-first-served: applications are reviewed by a committee in the order they were received
- Decisions are at the discretion of the committee
- The Charleston Conference’s objective is to provide a reply within one week of the application
- If awarded, the applicant must accept the offer within 7 days of notifications
- Once accepted, the applicant will receive an enrollment code to complete the registration process
2. Cynthia Graham Hurd Memorial Scholarship 2022 – Application deadline October 7
Springer Nature will continue to honor the legacy of Cynthia Graham Hurd by sponsoring the annual $1,500 travel award for library employees to attend the Charleston Library Conference.
3. Bloomsbury Digital Resources 2022 Charleston Conference Grant for Librarians – Application Deadline September 9
Bloomsbury Digital Resources will select 1 applicant to receive a conference grant of $1000.
4. HARRASSOWITZ Charleston Scholarship – Application deadline is September 16.
HARRASSOWITZ, international booksellers and subscription agents, is pleased to offer once again a $1,000 scholarship to attend the Annual Charleston Conference.
5. SAGE Publishing’s 2022 Photo Contest – Application Deadline September 15
The grand prize winner will receive complimentary registration to the conference, as well as a $500 travel stipend. An additional five winners will receive $50 Amazon gift cards. All winners’ images will be featured in the Charleston Conference’s 2023 photo desk calendar provided to all registrants.
6. IGI Global’s Academic Librarian Sponsorship Program: Charleston Conference – Application deadline is October 7
As an exhibitor of the Charleston Conference for many years, IGI Global is proud to continue the Academic Librarian Sponsorship Program. IGI Global will select one librarian to receive a $500 stipend for in-person attendance at the 2022 Charleston Conference from November 1-4, in Charleston, South Carolina, USA.
7. Karen Hunter Memorial Scholarship Award – Application deadline is October 3.
Elsevier is sponsoring this award that will grant $2,500 each to two librarians to support their travel costs to the 2022 Charleston Conference.
2021 Scholarship Details
Bloomsbury Digital Resources 2021 Charleston Conference Grant for Early Career Librarians
Bloomsbury Digital Resources will select 2 applicants to receive a conference grant of $800 each. Application Deadline: October 18, 2021
Cynthia Graham Hurd Memorial Scholarship
Springer Nature is proud to honor the legacy of Cynthia Graham Hurd by sponsoring an annual scholarship for library employees to attend the Charleston Conference. Cynthia Graham Hurd was a librarian for over 31 years in Charleston public and academic libraries. She worked as the branch manager of the popular St. Andrews Regional Library, and as a part-time reference librarian at the College of Charleston. On June 17, 2015, her life ended when a lone gunman entered the historic Emanuel AME Church and killed nine people during a prayer meeting. Cynthia is remembered as a “tireless servant of the community who spent her life helping residents, making sure they had every opportunity for an education and personal growth.” Application deadline is October 18.
Wiley Librarian Scholarship Award
Applications are now being accepted for the Wiley Librarian Scholarship Award to the 2021 Charleston Library Conference; deadline is October 8, 2021.
The Wiley Network is an online community designed to offer advice, ideas, and collaboration opportunities for researchers, learners, and professionals as they pursue their goals. The Wiley Network includes contributions from industry thought-leaders, professionals, researchers, and educators, and posts contain opinions from those with years of experience and those starting out, as well as helpful hints and updates to help you stay ahead of the changing world.
Recognizing that the voice of the early career librarian is critical to this conversation, Wiley would like to award one early career librarian with a $1,000 grant to attend the 2021 Charleston Library Conference. The Wiley Librarian Scholarship Awards will provide an Early Career Librarian with an opportunity to contribute four relevant, engaging blog posts to The Wiley Network in the coming months.
SAGE Publishing’s 2021 Photo Contest
SAGE Publishing’s 2021 Photo Contest is now open for entries, asking academic librarians to submit a photograph depicting how their library demonstrates its impact across campus for the chance to win a travel and registration stipend for this year’s Charleston Conference. Apply by September 10. More Details