Charleston Library Conference Meets Frankfurter Buchmesse
We’re excited to announce a new special event! The Charleston Library Conference has been invited to present a session this year during the Frankfurter Buchmesse 2020. The event will be held online on Friday, October 16, 9:00 – 11:00 am Eastern, and will be free to attend on the Frankfurter Book Fair virtual platform.
There is no cost to attend or pre-registration required for attendees. All that is needed is to log into your “My Book Fair” account (create a free account at: https://services.book-fair.com/login) to access any of programmes that are part of the FBM B2B programme. FBF has added the event online and you can find it here: https://www.buchmesse.de/node/351586.
Welcome and Introductions (Leah Hinds, Charleston Conference)
Presentations & Q&A
- State of the Academic Library (Jim O’Donnell, Arizona State Univ)
- Future of the Monograph (Charles Watkinson, Univ of Michigan)
- Values-based collection development (Ivy Anderson, California Digital Library)
- Developing and implementing a marketing program (Jill Heinze, WillowTree)
Panel: Artificial Intelligence, Copyright, and Privacy
- Ann Okerson (Senior Advisor, CRL) – Moderator
- Anja Smit (Utrecht Univ)
- Todd Carpenter (NISO)
- Carlo Scollo Lavizzari (Attorney, STM)
- Roy Kaufman (CCC)
Closing remarks from Peter Brantley (UC Davis)