Collections Strategist and Assessment Coordinator
Working Title: Collections Strategist & Assessment Coordinator
Rank: A/PFaculty Lecturer full-time appointment
Job Number: 524952
The Collections Strategist and Assessment Coordinator’s primary role is to assess the Libraries’ research collections, whether owned, subscribed to, shared, open, or otherwise made available to the scholarly community at Virginia Tech and the community at large, in accordance with the university’s land-grant mission. Reporting to the Director of Collections and Technical Services and working in close collaboration with liaison librarians, the Head of Library Data Analytics, and other library units, the Collections Strategist and Assessment Coordinator will play a key role in acquiring, assessing, and promoting collections to support the high-quality research and academic services on which the university community depends. Additionally, this role serves in
a liaison role to an academic department or unit.
– Develops and recommends strategies to manage the print and electronic collections of the University Libraries and best address current needs and priorities.
– Collects and analyzes usage statistics for annual reporting and collection management decisions.
– Monitors trends and best practices related to scholarly publishing, electronic resource access, discoverability, data harvesting, and usage analysis to enhance library services.
– Leads the development and implementation of local workflows and documentation related to the gathering and analysis of library collection data.
– Works collaboratively with department and other library staff to provide training and support.
– Promotes the library collection and services to the academic community.
– Provides support for inquiries related to collections data.
-ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent
-Demonstrated understanding of academic library collection analysis
-Demonstrated experience using assessment and evaluation methodologies and tools
-Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
-Excellent communication skills, especially when presenting data
-Experience using data visualization tools and techniques to communicate results
-Expertise in relevant software applications, such as Excel or statistical analysis software
-Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
– Advanced coursework or professional development activities related to assessment or
evaluation models in academic libraries
– Demonstrated successful supervisory or project management experience
– Experience with SQL query language
– Familiarity with data tools such as OpenRefine, Tableau, Trifacta, etc.
– Experience with library management systems/integrated library systems
-Familiarity with library collection tools such as Unsub and Celus
– Knowledge of COUNTER and SUSHI harvesting protocol
Must have criminal background check
How to apply for this job: Applications must be submitted online at https://jobs.vt.edu/
Quick Link: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/968/cw/en-us/job/524952/collections-strategist-and-assessment-coordinator
Employee Category: A/P Faculty Lecturer regular full-time appointment, $60,000 minimum dependent on education and qualifications
Work Location: Blacksburg, VA
Review Date: April 4, 2023