New York or Remote (within the United States of America)
ITHAKA works with the global higher education and research community to advance and preserve knowledge and to improve teaching and learning through the use of digital technologies around the world. In this role you will drive and support strategies to help grow participation and brand awareness across ITHAKA’s products and services including JSTOR. Although territories are always subject to change to align with the needs of the organization, your current territory will cover Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and some parts of Asia including countries but limited to Hungary, Greece, United Arab Emirates, and Israel. You will conduct the sales and outreach efforts in your territory, accomplishing proactive and reactive activities to drive participation and retention. You will use your keen interpersonal and intercultural skills to develop relationships with individuals at academic libraries and other institutions in the research and government sector.
- Partner with the regional manager to meet assigned OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), revenue, and participation goals.
- Direct stakeholders through all stages of the customer journey to generate new participation and ensure customer success.
- Maintain an accurate pipeline.
- Represent the organization through remote or in person demos and webinars or conference attendance.
- Maintain up to date product and technical knowledge.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization such as Marketing, Partner and User Support, Finance, and Outreach Enablement to perform sales activities.
- Ability to travel moderately (est. 20%).
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years in direct institutional sales and account management
- BA/BS a plus
- A proven record of success in meeting growth targets
- Minimum 1 years of experience in digital publishing, with a strong preference for knowledge of the scholarly communications environment and familiarity with the current digital landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve customer success
- Understanding of content license agreements
- Strong email, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for accuracy
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision and to prioritize diverse work assignments.
- Ability to work well as a team member; a willingness to actively participate in team projects and share ideas.
- Bilingual or multilingual preferred
- Committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust
- Moderate travel expected (20% of time)
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust.
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences, and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.