According to this announcement by the National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES), “In FY 2020, federal agency obligations to universities and colleges for science and engineering (S&E) activities increased 3% from FY 2019 to a high of $39.1 billion in current dollars (figure 1). However, when adjusted for inflation, the FY 2020 obligations of $34.4 billion are below those of FYs 2009 and 2010 ($37.8 and $37.4 billion, respectively). …”
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- Funding Announcement: $1.2 Million Mellon Grant to Develop Core Scholarly Infrastructure For Community Governed Sharing of Quality Interoperable Open-Access Book Usage Data
CONFERENCES, MEETINGS, & WEBINARS
We understand current budget cuts and lack of funding. With help from the very generous support of our sponsors, this doesn’t have to stop you from joining us in Charleston this November. If you want to attend the Conference but need assistance, please submit an application from one of these resources. Please reach out to us with any questions!
1. Cynthia Graham Hurd Memorial Scholarship 2022 – Application deadline October 3
2. IGI Global’s Academic Librarian Sponsorship Program: Charleston Conference – Application deadline is October 7
3. Karen Hunter Memorial Scholarship Award – Application deadline is October 3.
4. Charleston Conference General Scholarship Fund – we’d like to thank our sponsors AAAS/Science, Bloomsbury, Gale Cengage and Taylor & Francis for their generous contributions which have been awarded to 20 librarians and/or library staff with limited travel funds to allow them to attend the conference this year!