How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Library is one of the world’s largest academic research libraries and serves a vibrant university community that is home to 19 schools and colleges, 100 top ten graduate programs, and annual research expenditures approaching $1.5 billion a year. To enable the university’s world-changing work and to serve the public good, the library collects, preserves, and shares the scholarly and cultural record in all existing and emerging forms, and leads the reinvention of the academic research library in the digital age.
The library is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and encourages all employees to fully incorporate their diverse backgrounds, skills, and life experiences into their work and towards the fulfillment of the library’s mission.
Library Relations Manager develops and executes sales strategy for ebook products sold to libraries through e-book collections such as the University of Michigan Ebook Collection and ACLS (American Council of Learned Societies) Humanities Ebook Collection as well as through other programs. The Relations Manager drives engagement and outreach plans to ensure sustainability goals are achieved for both “for sale” and “open access” products. Recognizing that repeat customers are the best customers, the role focuses on maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing library and consortial clients to increase sales and ensure renewals and retention.
- Engage in direct sales and engagement outreach with potential and existing library customers.
- Partner with the Director of Sales and Marketing and product managers to set annual sales goals for products.
- Monitor market/industry intelligence and provide recommendations to product managers regarding emerging opportunities in the library market.
- Aid in development and execution of sales strategy/messaging around University of Michigan Press’s transition to open access.
- Support and onboard new and existing clients for digital products;create successful product adoption and engagement.
- Focus on customer retention by leveraging renewals through existing account upgrades, campaigns or leads, and responding to customer inquiries.
- Represent Michigan Publishing at client and library forums and conferences.
- Assist the marketing teams with the creation of development, design, and creation of marketing materials.
- Represent Community Needs to Product Managers and the Michigan Publishing IT Developer Team.
- Some college education in areas of libraries, communication, journalism, public relations, business, education, or a related field and some experience in sales or marketing-related positions or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exhibits strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects with multiple components, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative and service-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrates practical judgment, professional attitude, and diplomacy in making and communicating decisions.
- Understands and values diversity and the importance of inclusion as demonstrated through a commitment to apply and incorporate the differences, complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization.
- Displays excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrates high level of computer literacy including proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, or comparable).
- Ability to travel occasionally; most travel to be domestic, with the possibility of rare international travel.
- Experience in a publishing or library environment.
- Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with sales clients
- Experience with public speaking and presentations both virtually and in person
- Understands various sales and marketing techniques and market intelligence platforms and productivity tools, including CRMs.
- Currently, the Michigan Publishing team is working a hybrid remote and onsite work schedule. The Michigan Publishing Marketing Department would consider hiring a fully remote candidate, but would prefer a candidate able to work onsite some of the time. While access to a personal Internet connection is desirable, U-M Library provides support and resources for remote work needs.
- 40 hours/week; typically Monday – Friday, may change as needed.
- May require evening or weekend work during occasional special events.
The University of Michigan offers excellent benefits and wellness opportunities. This position receives 24 days of vacation a year, and 15 days of sick leave a year with provisions for extended benefits, as well as opportunities for professional development and travel. TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments retirement options are available.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- The person in this position occasionally moves through the building to attend. meetings/events and ascend/descend short flights of stairs to different floors of the building.
- May need to be able to move and/or transport materials weighing up to 20-25 pounds occasionally when attending conferences.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
Job Opening ID – 220970
Library Relations Manager
Ann Arbor Campus – Ann Arbor, MI
Posting Begin/End Date
7/27/2022 – 8/26/2022
$55,000.00 – $65,000.00
Communications & Marketing
Libraries & Museums