Head of Partnership Development (Remote, North America) – Dryad
Dryad is recruiting a Head of Partnership Development to help grow the community of academic and research institutions, research funders, journals and publishers that invest in us to pursue the open sharing and full reuse of all research data. Our partnerships are core to our success and our Head of Partnership Development will be a powerful and dedicated advocate for Dryad’s vision, mission, values, and offering to each of our stakeholder groups.
The Dryad Head of Partnership Development will have primary responsibility for growing the community of organisations investing in Dryad. In support of this key objective, they will also have specific responsibility for:
- Designing and executing strategies for outreach and recruitment of academic and research institutions, research funders, journals and publishers from around the globe.
- Cultivating and maintaining an understanding of open data policy, initiatives, and developments that impact Dryad and its investors.
- Developing a pipeline of prospective investors and growing the community
- Representing Dryad’s vision, mission, values and culture as well as our offering and the reasons why the community invests in us – in written and oral communications
- Demonstrating the Dryad data platform features, publication process and workflows for submission, curation and publication – at large and small meetings, in person and online
- Identifying, developing and facilitating regional and national consortial relationships worldwide
- Ensuring the smooth on-boarding of new members and partners
- Working with current members and partners to renew annual agreements
- Establishing and maintaining documentation, records and reports related to recruitment and retention, including Salesforce
Dryad’s Head of Partnership Development will be:
- An experienced relationship manager, with a track record in partner relations, community development, marketing, sales or other community-facing role, in the library and/or publishing space
- A confident and skilled presenter, well-spoken and able to adapt style to different contexts
- Able to express complex concepts clearly, in detail, and in a way that’s accessible to others
- An exceptional communicator, in writing and in person
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time
- Independently motivated, willing and able to identify and assume responsibility for initiatives within the scope of this role
- A team player, ready to work in close collaboration with others within and beyond Dryad
- Highly organised and accustomed to keeping thorough, clear and current documentation
They will also:
- Have a minimum seven years’ experience in a scholarly communication, publishing, academic library, or research institution context
- Be educated to degree level or with equivalent professional experience
- Possess expert-level confidence with online communication and video conference platforms (such as Zoom, MS Teams and Webex)
- Possess a high level of confidence with recruitment tools such as Salesforce (or other CRM) plus associated data analysis and reporting
Candidates with knowledge of open research communication and/or research data management may be given preference.
Compensation and benefits
This is a remote, full-time position based in North America. The U.S. equivalent base salary range for this role is $75,000 to $85,000 (depending on experience), plus commission. Dryad offers a competitive benefits package and a fantastic set of co-workers.
To apply to work with Dryad
Please submit a resume and cover letter expressing why this role at Dryad would be a good fit for you – to [email protected] datadryad.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Positions listed are open now; applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Informal inquiries are always welcome, to our Executive Director, Jennifer Gibson: [email protected].
Equal employment opportunity
Dryad is dedicated to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all people, regardless of background or identity. We are an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by US federal, state, or local law. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.