Publishers Weekly reports that “After a nearly three-hour virtual hearing on February 7, federal judge Deborah L. Boardman is now set to rule on the Association of American Publishers’ December 16 motion for a preliminary injunction to bar Maryland state officials from enforcing the state’s recently enacted library e-book law...”
- FCC Commits Nearly $126 Million in Emergency Connectivity Funds for Schools & Libraries & Announces Cross-Agency Task Force to Prevent Digital Discrimination
According to infoDOCKET “The Federal Communications Commission today announced that it is committing $125,962,023.72 in its ninth wave of Emergency Connectivity Fund program support. This round of funding will support over 270,000 students and provide funding for 340 schools, 20 libraries and 6 consortia, which are approved to receive over 30,000 connected devices and over 39,000 broadband connections…”
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- Knowledge Unlatched announces the results of 2021 pledging, plans to make Open Access hundreds of new books and journals in 2022
- Copyright Historical Record Books Collection Now Available Online From Library of Congress/U.S. Copyright Office
- UMass Libraries Invest in New Publishing Models: Open Access Initiatives Deliver Thousands of New Book Titles to Patrons and the Public
CONFERENCES, MEETINGS & WEBINARS
- Join CHORUS at a Forum on Friday, February 25, 2022 from 11:00am – 1:00pm EST to discuss “What Article Version Best Supports Research Integrity?”
“What does the VOR offer compared to AM or Preprints? With the use of preprints and unpublished materials on the rise, confidence in the integrity of scientific research has come into question. Panelists will explore what the strengths and challenges of the various publication stages means for the stakeholders involved, and present valuable practices that can be used to establish flexible guidelines for the different publication formats...”
- NLM announces rescheduled Curation at Scale Workshop – The National Library of Medicine (NLM) is pleased to announce a rescheduled three-day Curation at Scale (Virtual) Workshop, to be held on March 28-30, 2022.
Poster abstract submission, deadline: March 7, 2022.
Registration, deadline: March 21, 2022