ATLA – PRODUCT SPECIALIST
Remote, work from home, anywhere in the US
ATLA – a prestigious humanities organization in the higher education industry – seeks Product Specialist responsible for playing a key role in organization’s research tools and activities, focusing on financial analysis, market research, competitive analysis and related activities. The position reports to the Director of Business Development.
- Maintains specialist-level knowledge of ATLA’s entire suite of research tools including scope, price, features, functionality, strategic positioning, etc.
- Regularly and independently creates complex financial projections and forecasts, exercising independent judgement and providing consistent reporting and performing financial analysis for various marketing initiatives for existing and potential products.
- Independently creates, interprets, and applies expertise to financial analysis, research, competitive analysis and related activities.
- Develops methods and conducts competitor analysis, qualitative and quantitative market research, and strategic positioning of products,
- Develops and supports ways of reaching customers directly, including support tools, tutorials, events, and other messaging and feedback loops.
- Provides expert advice to management for use internally and externally for external customers, partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Develops complex tracking systems and fully understands and analyzes global competitive activity that could affect organization’s digital products; including new market launches and changes or enhancements to competitor’s products or “good enough” solutions.
- Works closely with business development, production and finance colleagues, and key business partners to translate organizational-wide business priorities into scoped action items and complex proposals.
- Creates and gives highly-visible and important product demonstrations at key events (in-person and virtual), delivers presentations to business partners, customers and prospects and handles complex follow-up independently, as well as creates data and analyzes facts that drive targeted marketing decisions.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Database Software (Access); Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); and Nimble User.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a project specialist, product development, or related role.
- Direct experience with qualitative and quantitative market research (focus groups, surveys, perception interviews, customer observation, etc.)
- Excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree; focus on quantitative methods (information science, math & statistics, computer science, public policy, etc.) a plus.
- Strong P&L, data analytics, and financial modeling experience.
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical skills, able to think creatively and interpret meaningful themes and stories from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent drive for results and complex problems solving skills coupled with the ability to build strong strategic working relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, experience communicating with internal and external audiences, including customers and other stakeholders.
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. ATLA offers an excellent benefits package.
ATLA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, disability, veteran, or military status, pregnancy, order of protection status, genetic information or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ATLA is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact Henry Greene (details below).
NOTE: ATLA has engaged Jack Farrell & Associates (www.jackfarrell.com) to find the winning candidate for this position. Interested candidates should contact Henry Greene ([email protected]). Thank you. JO 202106044