The ACRL Insider reports that “The 2021 ACRL Legislative Agenda focuses on eight issues that the U.S. Congress has recently taken, or will most likely take, action on in the year ahead:
- Federal Funding for Libraries
- Net Neutrality
- Affordable College Textbook Act
- Consumer Data Privacy…
ARL News notes that “The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) and the Canadian Association of Research Libraries (CARL) launched a joint project in June 2021 to explore how libraries advance the higher education sector’s strategic priorities…
“ARL and CARL together commissioned Ithaka S+R to conduct the research and analysis for this project…”
Citing a Google Scholar Blog Post by Anurag Acharya, infoDOCKET notes that “This release covers articles published in 2016–2020 and includes citations from all articles that were indexed in Google Scholar as of July 2020.
Scholar Metrics include journals from websites that follow our inclusion guidelines and selected conferences in Engineering & Computer Science. Publications with fewer than 100 articles in 2016-2020, or publications that received no citations over these years are not included.
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- DPLA Works Toward Combating Health Misinformation With the U.S. Surgeon General
- Lean Library and Ex Libris partner to bring Primo and Summon Discovery further into the patron workflow
- AIP Publishing and TIB sign three-year Read & Publish agreement
- The International Institute of Academic Research & Publications in India partners with F1000 to launch OA publishing hub
- Copyrighters, Assemble: The Copyright Claims Board Gets Its Officers
- JISC Joins SPARC Europe