The Charleston Conference is planning a very special “In Between” half-day virtual mini-conference event to explore important late-breaking developments that can’t wait til November for discussion!
Wednesday, July 28
10:30 am – 3:00 pm Eastern
AGENDA AND SPEAKER LINE UP
Panel 1: Clarivate Acquires ProQuest
Moderated by Roger Schonfeld, Director, Libraries, Scholarly Communication, and Museums Program, Ithaka S+R
- Claudio Aspesi, Consultant, SPARC
- Michael Clarke, Managing Partner, Clarke & Esposito
- Gwen Evans, Vice President, Global Library Relations, Elsevier
- Dracine Hodges, Associate University Librarian for Technical Services, Duke University
- James Phimister, Managing Director, Market Development, Analytics, and Customer Insights, NEJM Group/New England Journal of Medicine
- Kaitlin Thaney, Executive Director, Invest in Open
- Todd Toler, Vice President, Product Strategy & Partnerships, John Wiley & Sons
Panel 2: Exiting the Tunnel: Reflections from Savvy Executives Upon What the Bright Light of Post-COVID Offers to Them.
Moderated by Ann Okerson, Senior Advisor, Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
- Amy Brand, Director and Publisher, MIT Press
- Peter Brantley, Director of Online Strategy, UC Davis Library
- Mimi Calter, Deputy University Librarian, Stanford University
- Kevin Guthrie, President, Ithaka
- Nancy Kirkpatrick, CEO, OhioNET
- Robert Manuel, President, University of Indianapolis
- James O’Donnell, University Librarian and Professor of History, Arizona State University
Accepting registrations through July 28, the day of the event.
The event will be held online using Zoom.
Individual Registration: $75
Group Rate: $150
Includes large group/classroom setting, or up to 5 individual access points. If more access points are needed, additional group rates may be purchased. Names and contact information for each registrant will be required at the time of registration.