We’re back! And our conference theme this year is “On the Road Again!“
The 2021 Charleston Conference, to be held November 1 – 5, will be a hybrid event with options for attendance in person and online. We are so excited to welcome attendees back to the beautiful city of Charleston, SC, as well as continuing to offer a robust and interactive virtual conference experience through the Pathable platform. Agenda and more details available soon!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Paul Saffo, Futurist and Associate Professor at Stanford University
- Joy Connelly, President of the American Council of Learned Societies
- Peter Kraus vom Cleff, President, Federation of European Publishers and incoming Managing Director of the Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels.
- The Long Arm of the Law annual legal issues panel, moderated by Ann Okerson, Senior Advisor, CRL; additional speakers to be announced.
Conference registration includes: 5 days of conference sessions, events, and networking opportunities, as well as access to video-on-demand recordings within 48 hours and for one year after. Also includes a one-year complimentary subscription to Against the Grain, the premier journal linking publishers, vendors, and librarians.
In-Person Registration: Includes in-person attendance in Charleston as well as full access to our virtual conference platform.
- $495 Early Bird (through September 10)
- $600 Regular (September 11 – October 8)
- $800 Late (October 9 – October 23)
Virtual Registration: Includes online access to our virtual conference platform.
- $325 Individual Rate – No registration deadlines apply, open through the week of the conference.
- $615 Group Rate – Available for up to 5 participants from the same library/institution/company simultaneously. Up to 5 participants may watch any conference session available in the platform individually, or you may have a group watch party for any number of people in a conference/meeting room. We will need to collect names and email addresses for all participants at the time of registration. If your institution/company needs more than 5 individual access points, additional group registrations can be purchased under another name/email address. No registration deadlines apply.
Reduced registration rates are available for those who are willing to volunteer to help in a variety of ways, for both in-person and virtual attendees. We need help with moderating sessions both virtually and in person, serving as a liaison for presenters, helping to monitor the Q&A/chat online, and more. Training will be provided by our staff.
Apply nowto become a volunteer. Please don’t register for the conference until after we’ve reviewed your volunteer application. If approved, you will receive a discount code to receive the reduced registration rate.
However you participate in the conference, whether at home, in your office, or together while socially distanced in a classroom or meeting room, we’d love to see your photos! Share your photos with firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet them @chsconf, #chsconf2021!
Scholarships – Reduced or waived registration fees are available by application through the generous support of our sponsors. More Details