Library Technology Guides reports that “The University of Maryland Libraries is pleased to announce that it has become the institutional home of SocArXiv, an interdisciplinary, open access repository of scholarship. The new partnership between the Libraries and SocArXiv ensures the future development and sustainability of the repository, which had previously received seed funding from the libraries at the University of California, Los Angeles, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, with additional support from the Sloan Foundation, the Open Societies Foundation, and the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences at UMD…”
Final Rules Adopted: “FCC to Launch $7.17 Billion Connectivity Fund Program; New Program Provides Funding to Schools and Libraries Critical to Closing the Homework Gap”
According to infoDOCKET “The Federal Communications Commission today unanimously adopted final rules to implement the Emergency Connectivity Fund Program. This $7.17 billion program, funded by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, will enable schools and libraries to purchase laptop and tablet computers, Wi-Fi hotspots, and broadband connectivity for students, school staff, and library patrons in need during the COVID-19 pandemic…”
Publishing Perspectives reports than “the eighth annual iteration of these awards include recognition for rights professionals, audiobook publishers, bookstores, educational learning resources, and more.
Fifteen nations are represented on the shortlist for this year’s all-digital London Book Fair International Excellence Awards announced this morning (May 10) in the United Kingdom.
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- 1950 Census on Track for 2022 Release, Despite Pandemic
- Emerald Publishing and the IReL consortium sign three-year transformative deal
- University of Milano-Bicocca selects OCLC’s WorldShare Management Services
- Harpercollins completes the acquisition of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- New version of ISO 18626 sent to publication
- Society for Neuroscience and HighWire renew partnership
- More than Two Million Alma Analytics Reports Were Run in March 2021
- International Council on Archives (ICA) Introduces the Digital Records Curation Programme
- Research Square, Kudos to work together to expand research communication services for authors