U.S. House Committee on the Judiciary Hearing: “Oversight of the U.S. Copyright Office” (Video Recording and Media Report)
According to infoDOCKET this video of the oversight hearing was recorded on May 5, 2021. Also included are links to prepared statements from Judiciary Committee Chairman, Jerry Nadler (D-NY) and the witness, Shira Perlmutter, Register of Copyrights and Director U.S. Copyright Office, Library of Congress.
According to Good e-Reader “Harpercollins, Hachette, Simon and Schuster and Penguin Random House are four of the world’s most prolific book publishers. In the first three months of 2021, they have experienced very strong audiobook and ebook sales. This trend should continue for the rest of the year, primarily due to COVID and more people shopping online, instead of visiting bookstores…”
KnowledgeSpeak reports that “The Online Book Fair by LBF will run a series of events over three weeks in June, offering varied content for different audiences throughout the month. The programme will shine a spotlight on key areas of the Fair, creating the opportunity for a larger global audience than ever before to come together in a flexible way to network, learn, and share ideas.
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- DeLa Dos Named Senior Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for ARL
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock Receives $325,000 National Endowment (NEH) Grant to Create a Digital Collection Looking at How Urban Renewal Changed the City of Little Rock In The Decades Following the Central High School Desegregation Crisis
- SirsiDynix and EveryLibrary release powerful new advocacy tool
- IET and the Chinese Association for Science and Technology sign MoU to deepen cooperation on projects supporting scientific publishing and international research
- Microsoft is Shutting Down Microsoft Academic Search and Related Services
- Quartex Launches Fully Searchable Transcriptions of Digitized Manuscript Assets
- May 2021 Issue of the OpenAire Newsletter Now Available Online
- Kajeet announces launch of 2021 Digital Inclusion Grant Program to support digital inclusion, Kajeet will provide one year of free internet connectiv
- Quria Library Directors’ Forum membership grows rapidly enabling future strategic product development