This article in Art Libraries Journal offers a “brief overview of recent digital humanities work undertaken in US art libraries, engagement with digital humanities is evidenced by the development of open access projects, the creation of linked data sets and the innovative sharing of art and archive collections to support digital pedagogy…”
Citing WIRED, infoDOCKET notes that “a new iOS feature promises to give you back some control. With the release of Apple’s iOS 14.5 on Monday, all of your apps will have to ask in a pop-up: Do you want to allow this app to track your activity across other companies’ apps and websites? For once, your answer can be no.
Also according to infoDOCKET “During Preservation Week 2021, celebrated April 25– May 1 with the theme “Preserving Community Archives,” the American Library Association (ALA) will promote efforts to conserve community archives.
ALA will join hundreds of libraries, institutions, archives, and museums from across the country to highlight ways in which the public can contribute to promoting and preserving their community’s history. Throughout Preservation Week libraries, institutions, archives, and museums will use the hashtag #preswk to engage with their communities and discuss their preservation programs and services…”
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- ACS and Syracuse University announce transformative ‘read and publish’ agreement
- Okanagan College to become the first Canadian institution to fully adopt the FOLIO library services platform
- University of West London chooses open source library systems platform, hosted and supported by PTFS Europe
- New Online From Princeton University Library: Capturing Feathers, a Virtual Bird Imagery Digital Exhibition
- OverDrive Announces New Databases & Streaming Media Services for Libraries
- Bloomsbury Publishing Plc acquires RGP imprint
- Now with Linked Data! Rhizome Announces the Relaunch of Artbase, an Archive of Born-Digital Art
- British Psychological Society opts for HighWire’s Scolaris Platform as the cornerstone of its digital transformation initiative
- World Book Day: Publishers Call for Canada’s Copyright Law To Be Fixed