infoDOCKET reports that the newly released California State Library’s Digital Preservation Strategy offers “a framework to guide long-term preservation and sustainable access to our digital collections. This strategy governs the operation, management, and scope of the California State Library’s digital preservation program and provides guidance on the preservation of digital materials to ensure their reliability, authenticity, and long-term accessibility…”
According to Good e-Reader “Digital book sales in the United States continue to soar in February 2021. Ebook revenues were up 19.8% for the month as compared to February of 2020 for a total of $99.3 million. Digital Audiobooks are up 27.8% for February, coming in at $71.7 million in revenue. Physical Audiobooks was down 20.9% coming in at $1.2 million.
On Carol Tenopir’s “Legacy of Distance Learning” in the University of Tennessee’s School of Information Sciences
In addition infoDOCKET notes that “after 27 years as a pioneer of distance learning at UT, Carol Tenopir is preparing to retire at the end of July. She had planned to retire a year ago but agreed to serve for a year as interim director of the School of Information Sciences when the previous director, Diane Kelly, was named vice provost for academics.
As a frequent speaker at national and international conferences and the author of five books, 28 years of the “Online Databases” column for Library Journal, and more than 200 journal articles, Tenopir has been an important voice in the ever-evolving discipline of information sciences, information access and retrieval, electronic publishing, and the information industry…
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- Sarah Thomas Appointed Senior Fellow at the University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- Leland Deeds Appointed Interim Vice Provost and University Librarian at Washington University Libraries
- Stellenbosch University goes live with the Ex Libris Leganto solution to expand the library’s support for teaching and learning
- Carnegie Mellon University adopts ProQuest’s TDM Studio Service for text and data mining
- SSP Welcomes Newly Elected Board Members for 2021-2022 Term
- Cool Tools: Visualize Library of Congress Search Results with “Collection View”
- The China Association for Science and Technology and the Institution of Engineering and Technology sign Memorandum of Understanding
- Macmillan Learning expands internationally
- OverDrive adds new content categories for libraries