infoDOCKET reports that “Today, the American Library Association (ALA) released its State of America’s Libraries Special Report: COVID-19, a snapshot of the library communities’ resilience, determination, and innovation in unprecedented circumstances…”
The University Library has posted drafts of working group reports detailing plans for integrating core student services offered in the Undergraduate Library into other campus libraries over the coming year. The drafts provide initial recommendations informed by discussions and analysis of long-term usage data and recent student surveys that have taken place over the past several months. The Main/Undergraduate Library Integration Project will result in new and refined combinations of student-focused services, which address both time-honored and emerging needs for supporting academic and student life success.
A New Pilot Collaboration From NYU Libraries, ProQuest, and LYRASIS Offers Students and Faculty Instant Access to 150,000 Ebooks via SimplyE App
Also according to infoDOCKET “New York University (NYU) Libraries and ProQuest have launched a pilot project that will make over 150,000 scholarly titles available to students and faculty via their mobile devices. NYU users can access coursebooks, ebooks, and reference works from major publishers through an e-reader app called SimplyE.
Available on both Apple and Android devices, SimplyE is a free-to-use service that allows library users to browse, borrow and read ebooks on their phones or tablets…”
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- Two Tennessee Universities to leverage EBSCO FOLIO to run their libraries
- ALA Releases “Top 10 Most Challenged Books of 2020” List
- Connecticut State Library Announces More Historic Connecticut Newspapers Now Online
- ProQuest, NYU Pilot Program offers students and faculty instant access to 150,000 Ebooks via app
- Springer Nature announces first Transformative Agreement in Ireland, increases number of its national Transformative Agreements to 13
- Project ReShare Membership Expands with Addition of Auraria Library, Stanford University Libraries, and the Western North Carolina Library Network
- London Book Fair 2021: Final Decision in Mid-April