“Future Thinking: a guide to controlled Digital Lending” is Now Available – plus more ATG News & Announcements for February 24, 2021
The Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) has just published “Future Thinking: ASERL’s Guide to Controlled Digital Lending for Research Libraries.” The publication offers a high-level view of the benefits and risks for libraries that may be considering implementation of a Controlled Digital Lending (CDL) program…”
Click for direct access to the full guide.
According to KnowledgeSpeak “The Yale University Library has signed two new agreements to allow Yale-affiliated authors to publish their articles in any of PLOS’ open access journals without paying article processing charges (APCs)…Last year Yale authors published over 100 articles in PLOS journals, with APCs of up to $3,000 per article. These author-paid APCs will be removed and changed with annual fees paid by the library, effective January 1, 2021. The authors will retain copyrights for their research…”
In this post, infoDOCKET notes that since the start of the pandemic when Howard University closed its campus, students have been “without access to the physical library and demand for e-books has increased. As part of their response, “the university recently joined the Open Libraries program to expand the digital materials that students can borrow. Through the program, users can check out a digital version of a book the library owns using controlled digital lending (CDL)…”
Citing this a JSTOR Announcement, infoDOCKET also reports that “JSTOR’s Open Community Collection initiative has surpassed the 350 collection mark and is steadily growing, with more than 100 current contributing partners at libraries, museums, universities, and other institutions around the world.
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- Elizabeth German joins The Open Library Foundation as Senior Program Officer
- De Gruyter and Boston Consulting Group’s Henderson Institute Launch Book Series on Inspiring the ‘Next Game’ for Business Leaders
- CCC automates OA agreement management amongst publishers and over 800 Institutions and Funders in more than 40 nations via RightsLink® for Scientific Communications
- Springshare celebrates Global Chat Cooperative’s one year relaunch
- Lincoln University goes live with Ex Libris Leganto course resource list solution
- Elsevier donates original drawings of the Pernkopf Anatomy Atlas to Medical University of Vienna