Computers in Libraries, Connect 2021 – plus other ATG Conferences, Meetings and Webinars for February 24, 2021
March 22, 2021 – March 25, 2021
Computers in Libraries Connect 2021, organized and produced by Information Today, Inc., provides a unique, annual opportunity for library and information professionals from all over the world to gather together and discuss the myriad of ways technology continues to impact libraries and the people who use them. While we can’t yet meet in-person, we invite you to join us online to learn, share, and celebrate the technologies and people that are shaping the future of libraries.
At Computers in Libraries Connect, you’ll hear the innovative approaches that the world’s leading libraries are deploying in all types of settings. The next generation of technology and people are the focus of our 36th annual event, and along with it goes our spirit and passion for adapting our library programs and services to make a positive difference and impact in our communities. No matter what your job role, or what type of library or organization, you’ll find that all of the bases are covered at Computers in Libraries Connect.
Virtual Exhibit Hall Hours
The Computers in Libraries Connect 2021 virtual exhibit hall features leading-edge companies offering a choice of products in all aspects of library technology, including web-based products and services, integrated library and information systems, online services, document delivery services, internet software tools, content suppliers, search services, and more. “Visit the exhibits” any time that is convenient during the live event, but representatives will be available for live chat and video meetings during the following hours:
- Tuesday, March 23, 10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ET
- Wednesday, March 24, 10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ET
- Thursday, March 25, 10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m ET.
ASERL offers a wide variety of webinars at no cost for members and other interested professionals. NOTE: ASERL’s Code of Conduct is in effect for all webinar participants. See http://www.aserl.org/aserl_code_of_conduct/. ASERL webinars are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Get Funded! Join Us to Get Expert Advice for Your Grant Idea (s). February 25, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
- Exploring Black Digital History. March 11, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
- Playing Games That Gets Results: The European “Navigate” Project. March 15, 2021 at 10am Eastern Time/9am Central Time
- An Afternoon With Tracie Hall: The “Real Talk” Edition. March 18, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
- Realize Your Assessment Dreams: Practical Strategies for Making Collection Analysis a Reality. March 22, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
- The Pandemic Impact on Serving Special Collections Researchers, March 24, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
- Collaborating for Impact: Creating a Racial Justice Blog Series to Connect the Past to the Present. March 25, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
- Metadata through a DEI Lens: Creating More Inclusive Cataloging in the MARC Environment. March 30, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
- An Afternoon With Athena Jackson (ARL Dean – University of Houston Libraries). April 28, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
According to this announcement “CNI is taking advantage of the affordances of the virtual meeting environment to remain as flexible, responsive and timely as possible in delivering our Spring 2021 Membership Meeting. While we are still finalizing a few things, I wanted to share the schedule (below) as it is developing, though we may still add a few sessions and speakers. We are very grateful for your patience, and for your contributions to the meeting.
A preliminary list of the planned project briefings (both synchronous and asynchronous) is now available at https://www.cni.org/mm/spring-2021/project-briefings-breakout-sessions-s21; we will be posting the schedule for the synchronous breakouts in the coming days. We have changed the time blocks for these slightly from our earlier announcement. Synchronous (live) project briefings will now run 1:00-5:00 PM EDT on March 15-16, and 4:00-5:00 PM EDT on March 17-19 (replacing the originally planned moderated panels, which we will not be doing this meeting). Pre-recorded videos will be available “on-demand” by March 15 and throughout the meeting and you are free to watch them anytime, though we have left March 22-23 as unscheduled and that may be a good time for you to explore pre-recorded materials, if you wish. We won’t make the pre-recorded sessions available to the public until the meeting is over.
We will be adding details to the meeting website as they are finalized: https://www.cni.org/mm/spring-2021. Unless otherwise specifically indicated, everything is being recorded and will be subsequently publicly available.