Job Description: Marketing and Digital Communication Manager
Hours: Part Time (avg 10 hrs/week); Independent Contractor (1099 Employee)
Job Location: Works Remotely
Reporting to: Editor, Against the Grain, and Executive Director, Charleston Library Conference
Company Profile: Charleston Hub was created in 2020 to bring together the various websites associated with the Charleston Conference and Against the Grain into one site allowing a unified search screen making it easier to lookup information and one point of registration for both the site and the conference. The aim of the Hub is to bring together librarians, vendors and publishers to discuss areas of common interest and to find relevant information. It is also the gateway to the Charleston Conference, the journal Against the Grain, and a host of information sources on job, news and other relevant information.
Role and Responsibilities: The Marketing & Digital Communications Manager is responsible for the strategic design, implementation, and management of a range of communication strategies targeting media and industry engagement, and to promote the visibility and value of the Charleston Hub, Against the Grain, the Charleston Conference, and other brand imprints.
- Develop strategic communication planning for promotion and dissemination of marketing content, including an overall marketing and communications calendar for Against the Grain, the Charleston Conference, and other Charleston Hub projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain social media profiles and timely, quality content on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Recruitment and maintenance of media partnerships, including the management of press releases and announcements through email, blogs, listservs, etc.
- Email marketing management, including: email campaign development and implementation, developing compelling custom content, and tracking email campaign stats to improve over time
- 1-3 years of experience in Digital Marketing and/or Communications
- Expert working knowledge in the latest in digital and social media technology and channels, and how to best leverage those channels for marketing programs as part of an overall business strategy
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Word Press, email campaign systems such as MailChimp or Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Excellent project and deadline management skills
- Copywriting and copyediting
- Highly motivated, quick-learner, self-starter
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work, including writing and digital samples to Leah Hinds, Executive Director, Charleston Conference: [email protected].
Leah was appointed Executive Director of the Charleston Conference in 2017, and has served in various roles with the Charleston Information Group, LLC, since 2004. Prior to working for the conference, she was Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions for the College of Charleston for four years. She lives in a small town near Columbia, SC, with her husband and two kids where they raise a menagerie of farm animals.