Submit your proposal now for the 39th Annual Charleston Conference
November 4 – 8, 2019
“The time has come… to talk of many things!”
Do you have ideas, challenges, solutions, or information to share? We’re seeking proposals on topics related to collection development and acquisitions, including, but not limited to, the following threads:
- Library Services
- Scholarly Communication
- Up & Coming – For those new to the profession.
The Charleston Conference wishes to provide opportunities for everyone to be heard. We encourage proposals that include representation from the different viewpoints and stakeholders in the scholarly communications process, so please consider the diversity of your panel. Also, please note that conference sessions are meant for librarians, publishers, and vendors to discuss issues of interest to them all. They are not an opportunity for marketing products or services.
Our call for preconference workshops and seminars is also still open through April 26. https://charlestonlibraryconference.com/call-preconferences/
2019 Conference Info:
- Theme: “The time has come… to talk of many things!“
- Preconferences/Seminars: Monday, November 4 and Tuesday, November 5
- Vendor Showcase: Tuesday, November 5, 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Main Conference: Wednesday, November 6 – Friday, November 8
- Vendor Showcase Exhibit registration will open on Monday, June 3.
- Conference registration and hotel guest room blocks will open on Monday, June 10.
Leah was appointed Executive Director of the Charleston Conference in 2017, and has served in various roles with the Charleston Information Group, LLC, since 2004. Prior to working for the conference, she was Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions for the College of Charleston for four years. She lives in a small town near Columbia, SC, with her husband and two kids where they raise a menagerie of farm animals.