Announcing the 2018 Up and Comer Award Winners!
ATG Media is pleased to announce the recipients for the second annual Up and Comers award. This award is intended for librarians, library staff, vendors, publishers, MLIS students, instructors, consultants, and researchers who are new to their field or are in the early years of the profession. Up and Comers are passionate about the future of libraries. They innovate, inspire, collaborate, and take risks. They are future library leaders and change makers, and we are excited to celebrate them with this award.
The 2018 ATG Media Up & Comers are:
- Aaisha Haykal, Avery Research Center, College of Charleston
- Adriana Sgro, University of Toronto Scarborough Library
- Alex McAllister, Appalachian State University Library
- Allyson Rodriguez, University of North Texas
- Becca Greenstein, Northwestern University Libraries
- Brittany O’Neill, Louisiana State University Libraries
- Jordan Pedersen, University of Toronto Libraries
- Joshua Bolick, University of Kansas
- Katharine Macy, IUPUI University Library
- Liz Jenkins, University of Pennsylvania
- Paolo P. Gujilde, National Louis University
- Russell Michalak, Goldey-Beacom College, Hirons Library & Learning Center
- Sandra Avila, University of Central Florida Libraries
- Sean Kennedy, University of Akron
- Victoria Ogle, University of Tennessee Knoxville
“A big congratulations to all of our 2018 award winners,” says Leah Hinds, Executive Director of the Charleston Conference. “I’m so pleased to see all of the innovation and the many accomplishments that are displayed here, and I look forward to seeing what the future brings for these bright rising stars.”
“Once again, I’m blown away by the thoughtful and transformative work this year’s Up & Comers are doing to advance excellence in libraries. They’re setting the stage for the future of our profession, and we’re honored to celebrate their achievements. I can’t wait to get to know them and to meet them at another terrific Charleston Conference!” says Erin Gallagher, Director of Collection Services at Reed College.
The 2018 Up and Comers will be recognized in the December/January issue of Against the Grain, and they will be featured in a series of scheduled podcast interviews. We will also recognize the award winners at the Charleston Conference First Time Attendee Reception on Tuesday, November 6, at 7:00 pm. If you’re attending the conference, stop by to say hello and congratulations!
About ATG Media: ATG Media is a new umbrella group that includes the Charleston Conference, Against the Grain, “Charleston Briefings: Trending Topics for Information Professionals,” and “Charleston Voices,” perspectives from the annual Charleston Conference. ATG Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of ATG, LLC.
Leah was appointed Executive Director of the Charleston Conference in 2017, and has served in various roles with the Charleston Information Group, LLC, since 2004. Prior to working for the conference, she was Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions for the College of Charleston for four years. She lives in a small town near Columbia, SC, with her husband and two kids where they raise a menagerie of farm animals.