The American College of Physicians (ACP), a prestigious medical membership association for doctors of internal medicine located in Philadelphia, is seeking an Inside Sales Associate to implement sales plans and achieve annual sales goals for licensing of ACP’s premier medical journal, Annals of Internal Medicine.
The Inside Sales Associate’s primary responsibilities will include building, maintaining, and fostering relationships with major subscription agencies; capitalizing on opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling of institutional site licenses; and preparing and delivering sales presentations. The Inside Sales Associate will also:
- Assist management in the negotiation of site license contracts.
- Respond to quote requests and troubleshoot issues related to customer access and payments.
- Maintain and document clear and accurate prospect and customer data in ACP’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Salesforce).
- Invoice site license customers for new orders and renewals.
- Reconcile customer and sales data from CRM, fulfillment, and finance, and communicate inconsistencies accurately and clearly.
A college degree is preferred, and candidates must have at least three years of experience in a professional sales environment, ideally in the Scientific-Technology-Medicine (STM) market. Qualified candidates will be detail-oriented, able to accurately transfer data and proofread reports, and will possess strong communication and good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce).
The ideal candidate will understand how to negotiate, work with contracts, and report on industry trends, market requirements, and customer needs. Some travel may be required to meet with new and existing accounts or to attend industry conferences.
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits and a supportive work environment. Find out more about ACP at: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/. Interested candidates should apply online: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/jobs/.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any of the following classes: veterans, any disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity.