Head, Collection Development and Resource Access – Florida International University
- Leads the Collections & Resource Development Department consisting of Acquisitions, Serials, and Electronic Resources. Includes direct supervision of 2 FTE faculty librarians and hierarchical supervision of 10 FTE staff.
- Allocates and monitors the materials resource budget.
- Leads collection development efforts of the FIU Libraries, including coordination of issues and policies across all formats in consultation with appropriate departments and personnel.
- Coordinates liaison collection development activities and collaborates with liaison librarians to foster positive relationships with faculty, especially pertaining to collection issues.
- Serves as primary contact for collection assessment activities such as program reviews, accreditation reports, and internal assessments.
- Oversees the process of Repair, Missing and Lost item review and replacement.
- Chairs the FIU Libraries’ Collection Advisory Committee to discuss collection activities, review product proposals, and draft policies.
- Participates in collaborative collection discussions with local, state, and national efforts including CSUL Collection Planning Committee, Florida State Library, Association of Southeastern Research Libraries, and the Center for Research Libraries.
- As a Library Department Head, participate in meetings and activities to determine the strategic direction of the library, achieve annual goals, and enhance daily operations
- Assumes other responsibilities and duties as requested by the Dean of Libraries.
- Leads and manages acquisitions activities including purchasing, licensing, and facilitating access to licensed content.
- Conducts regular assessments of departmental services, workflows, and operations.
- Assists in developing effective reports and messaging for other library and university administrators to understand the library’s materials budget needs.
- Participates in continuing education, conference, workshops, seminars, or other activities that enhance professional knowledge.
- Contributes to the profession through active participation in professional associations, research, or other scholarly activities.
- Serves the library and institution through participation in meetings and committee work.
- Attend and participate in library meetings, including Library Assembly, Administration Team, and Direct Reports.
- ALA-accredited MLIS
- Demonstrated commitment to user-centered library services and an understanding of information seeking behaviors in an academic research environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, and organization skills, including the ability to effectively impart knowledge and skills¿
- Minimum five years of experience managing multi-million dollar resource budgets.
- Ability to work flexibly, creatively, and collaboratively in a changing and fast-paced environment with a culturally diverse population
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently, collaboratively, and in teams within library and university web/online communities
Non-tenured faculty status; rank and salary are competitive based on qualifications and experience.
About the Libraries: For information about the FIU Libraries, please visit http://library.fiu.edu.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Job Opening ID 515222 at https://facultycareers.fiu.edu/ and must attach a cover letter and resume as a single file. Candidates will be requested to provide names and contact information for at least three professional references. To receive full consideration, applications and required materials should be received by July 20th, 2018. Review will continue until position is filled.
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.